Friday, March 21, 2008

Mercaz, Purim, and the Aish Kodesh

So, Rabbi Adlerstein over at Cross-Loving-Currents posted this article about The Mercaz Harav Massacre, Purim, and Aish Kodesh. I posted the following comment, which I'm SURE will be pulled from the comments as soon as the administrators read it:

Yashar Kochacha on a very nice and well-written article. I do have one question. You mentioned we are ALL Mercaz Harav, and that, in the name of Achdus, we ALL suffer from this tragedy, regardless of “Hashkafa” or sect. Would you say, then, that someone who doesn’t feel this way, someone who blames the victims themselves for their own murders because of their “bad” “Hashkafas,” would be considered by the rest of mainstream Orthodox Judaism to be "beyond the pale?"
It'll be interesting if Rabbi Adlerstein answers this question. And, in case you missed it, I'm talking about "rabbi" Don Segal, who made horrible remarks about which I blogged here and here. Since it IS Erev Shabbos AND Purim, I'll give Rabbi Adlerstein a few days to respond...

No comments: