Saturday, March 08, 2008

A Possible Explanation of Why Yeshivish/Chareidi RWNJs (Right Wing Nut Jobs) Vote Republican

I don't know about anyone else out there, but when I see someone's car stuck in the snow, I normally stop and ask if I can help, no matter who it is, but especially a fellow Jew. Not so Yeshivish people. No. Uh-uh. There they went, walkin' by, lookin' at us trying to move my car, and instead of stopping and asking if they could help, they simply continued walking. Luckily, the person helping me (who, while Yeshivish, is a rare exception to the rule and DOES INDEED help people) asked them to help, and they grudgingly, obviously disappointed they were asked because I'm SURE they would rather have continued walking home and not be asked and certainly not volunteer, agreed to help. And I remarked, "I don't understand. You HAD TO BE ASKED?!" They tried two really poor attempts and said, "We can't," and continued on their merry way.

I don't get it. What happened to just helping without being asked? THIS is the epitome of Torah learning?! Of learning Mussar, a course of study that is SUPPOSED to teach people to be kind to other people? What happened to this Meforash Mitzvah in the Torah:

If you see the donkey of someone you hate crouching under its burden, would you refrain from helping him? - You shall help repeatedly... (Exodus 23:5)
Kal Va'Chomer if it's someone you don't hate! If the Torah tells you to help someone you hate, obviously the Torah need NOT tell you you MUST help someone you don't hate!

Now, it may not have been my donkey. It was my car. And it's not like the car was suffering, but what difference DOES that make?!

Conclusion: Being frum does not make someone a good person. It's innate, and if one does not have the middah of desiring to help someone, one must, especially one who supposedly learns Torah and is SUPPOSED to be the epitome of how a person should act, then one must work on that and set an example..

When they don't, and 99% Yeshivish/Chareidi people CERTAINLY don't, and they do act like the, pardon my French, A-Holes they are, they just prove yet again and more and more that they are, in fact, not in ANY way frum OR Torah observant, since they obviously simply ignore explicit Mitzvahs from the Torah.

Just yet further proof of the fact that these people simply are NOT Torah observant or Torah "True" Jews in any way, which I guess explains how people like that vote for the non-Chesed, antithesis to Yiddishkeit, Republican Party...

No if I could only understand why some of my friends who AREN'T Yeshivish/Chareidi RWNJs vote Republican...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

. There they went, walkin' by, lookin' at us trying to move my car

Why would they help? The Torah only says donkey, not automobile. In my neighborhood, "yeshiva" people are the only ones who don't shovel their sidewalks. After all, they deduce with minds well-honed by Gemara learning that mere mortals like us can't possibly fathom, that the Torah says to remove "dam" from your house. Clearly, the sidewalk, is outside of the house. And again, the Torah says nothing about shoveling snow.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

'Course not!

And regarding the subject of Yeshivish people thinking DEEP thoughts us mortals can't possibly understand, see here.