Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Who Knows?

I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I think it might be better if Hillary actually won the nomination and chose Obama as her running mate. It would completely unify the Democratic Party and probably bring over many Independents and even some Republicans, assuring a win for her. As I've said before, I don't think she would make a bad president (I just think Obama would make a BETTER president). I think she does need to change some of her tactics, but in truth, she and Obama agree about how to do what on 95% of the issues. She would be VERY likely to win in 2012 as well, as long as there are no scandals and she does a better job than Bush (and my dead pet turtle could do a better job than Bush).

Further, being Vice President for eight years would give Obama the "experience" in higher political office all his detractors say he doesn't have. He certainly wouldn't lose any of his charisma over those eight years, and the experience "issue" would be moot. It would probably pretty much assure him of winning the presidency in 2016 AND 2020.

I don't know. Maybe that WOULD be a good plan... I'll have to think more on it and ask around.

3 comments:

Kylopod said...

"I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I think it might be better if Hillary actually won the nomination"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Heh Heh. :)

Or maybe the other way around... Obama as president, Hillary as VP. :)

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

So long as it's not a Republican, we'll ALL be better off...