Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nasty Political Experience

So, I decided I'd had enough and called my congressperson's office (no WAY to get through to the congressperson herself, of course - God forbid she should speak to one of her peasants), I got a very nasty person on the phone who was very brusk with me and tried to get me off the phone within a minute of her answering because she had other calls to take (yeah, right... that's why she answered my call so quickly - because there were SO many people waiting to talk to her). Her attitude, when I started in about universal healthcare, was, "Well, what do you want from the Congresswoman?" I told her I wanted this issue to be screamed about and that, no matter how many committees she's on, obviously not nearly enough is getting done. I mentioned the difference between Universal Healthcare, which EVERY American deserves, and affordable insurance, which should be ABOVE and BEYOND Universal Healthcare. Her attitude was, "Whatever." She then went through a number of suggestions, the last of which may be a possibility, and that's getting my doctor to tell the insurance company that there are serious medical reasons for my NEEDING to have bariatric surgery, not as an elective surgery, but as a medical necessity to avoid the many serious diseases to which obesity can lead. When I said thank you, she snidely and rudely said, "GOODBYE!!" and slammed down the phone...

Lovely person. And they wonder why I wouldn't vote for this Congresswoman... Plus, she's a Hillary supporter.

2 comments:

Kylopod said...

Whatever you do, don't go on a crash diet. I had a classmate whose father died from one. Zero Mostel also did. I'm forever shaken up about solutions like that.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

NO crash diets! Trust me! Problem is, everything I've tried has worked for a while, then stopped, or simply hasn't worked.