Thursday, March 27, 2008

Doctor's Office

So, I did manage to speak to my doctor's office yesterday. I actually spoke to his nurse practitioner, who is wonderful and always very helpful. She listened to my problem and told me she would speak to the doctor and word it in a way to convince him of the necessity for me having bariatric surgery. Once he writes the letter to the insurance company telling them this is a medical necessity, basically like a prescription I need to keep me a alive, the insurance company SHOULD have no choice but to fully cover the surgery, with all evaluations (nutritional, physical, and psychological) involved.

We'll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Selena said...

wow. That is a big step. I hope it works out and is very successful!

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Well, I have to actually be able to get to it. If the insurance still turns it down, I have NO way of paying for it, and therefore no way of having the surgery.

Anonymous said...

Be careful of what you wish for. I know of several people who have had this surgery with poor to disasterous results.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Every surgery has its risks and benefits. At this point, though, I'm in serious danger of becoming diabetic VERY soon (as my father did because of HIS weight problem). There is also a history of heart disease in the family. In other words, I'm already working with really shitty genetics. I'm willing to take the risk, at this point.