Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Palestinian Civil War

It's just as I predicted. I figured, a long time ago, that once the Israelis get out of Gaza, the Palestinians will probably turn on themselves. And guess what? They have!! I'm not even going to provide links since it's all over the news on every news site imaginable. Even better, Israel can't be blamed for this!! Oh, the articles have tried. One blamed the "Israeli Occupation" and so forth, but it really doesn't stick.

Along the lines of the Aschalta D'Geulah, God is doing the job for us in this case. While the Palestinians are killing each other off, Israel just has to sit back and watch. And if Hamas wins and goes nuts against Israel, does anyone really think, after all the chances Israel has given them, that Israel won't just declare all-out war against them? And who's gonna object this time? Other than Peace Now, that is. And a bunch of bleeding-hearts the world over who will denounce Israel's aggression against the poor, impoverished Palestinians (who, when I once drove through some refugee camps somehow all seem to manage to have big TV antennae on the roofs of their mud huts...).

Just so we're clear on my politics: I'm a liberal when it comes to American politics and policies (domestic and foreign), but I'm pretty much all the way to the right when it comes to Israel and Israeli politics.

1 comment:

Rafi G. said...

my politics are very similar. liberal in US (vote Democrat) and right in Israel, though I waver between far right and right-center on various issues.