Friday, June 08, 2007

If You Really Want to Know What LA is Really Like...

Head on over to this post by Esther (who also happens to be my wife). :)

Way too many people who are not from LA, have spent very little to no time there, and who do not currently live there think that LA is this magical land of wonders and great weather. It's not. It's really, really not. I'm from there, my wife is from there, and many of our friends are from there. None of us live there any longer. It's nasty, congested, smoggy, dirty, noisy, people have started gridlocking and double parking, there's no sense of community, and it is way, way, WAY too freaking expensive to live there. And it's absolutely not worth the money. And that's just the tip of the iceberg (forgive the cliche).

Head over to debtandlife.blogspot.com and check it out. And comment!

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

I hate LA. My wife is form there and I have spent enough time there to hate it.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Yeah. I grew up there (mostly, less about six years in Israel).

I spoke to a friend of mine on Friday. He and his family (he's a friend from high school) moved to Denver and went back for Shavuos. He said it got even worse there. More people, more congestion, and a new, New York twist, lots of double parking.

Ick.