Monday, June 25, 2007

So Long, Old Friend. Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen...

Well, my wife and I watched the series finale (actually the last two episodes) of Stargate, SG1, last night. The finale was great, and its theme was time travel (sort of). It was like saying goodbye to an old friend (10 years is about 1.3 years less than a third of my life...).

Yeah, yeah, I know there will be, come this fall, two DVD movies, hopefully the first two of many. But still, this was a great show, lots of fun to watch, lots of (ten years' worth) of inside jokes. And Teal'C. Don't forget Teal'C. Chris Judge played him flawlessly for ten years.

And yes, the show did kind of "jump the shark" once RIchard Anderson, who played the irreverent Colonel, then General, Jack O'Neill (the complete opposite of Anderson's MacGyver, by the way).

But still, it was a GREAT SHOW. And while MASH will ALWAYS be my absolute favorite show, I think Stargate, at the end of the day, will take its place at a very, very close second, above the Star Treks and numerous others.

So long, old friends. Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen...

6 comments:

Orthonomics said...

LOL, our tastes in programming have never crossed paths. Oh well. :)

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

On the other hand, I managed to completely (except for getting her to watch Star Wars and the original Star Trek) converted my wife to watching Sci Fi!! :)

Anonymous said...

sniff sniff...good bye Stargate *sigh* What's next?

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Well, they're canceling Battlestar Galactica after next season...:(

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Please pass me some tissues Barak! :..-(

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Here you go!!:(