Sunday, February 10, 2008

Farscape!

When Farscape first came on the air in 1999, I watched the first episode and thought, "this is crap! It's exactly like Star Trek Voyager, which was also crap! I'm not wasting my time on this!"

Boy, was I WRONG!!! I just finished watching the entire series, including the concluding four hour mini-series, The Peacekeeper Wars, and it is one of the VERY best science fiction shows I've EVER seen! It was loony, nutty (there was even a cartoon episode!), funny, adventurous, emotional, and just plain edge-of-your-seat fun! In a way I'm glad I didn't watch the show when it was on originally because it is so intricate and involved that watching it beginning to end in a short period of time was much better than watching it over the four years it was on and then waiting another year for the mini-series to come about and conclude the story.

If you like Science Fiction and are looking for a really good show, this is the one to watch. I just can't believe the Sci Fi channel let this gem of a show get cancelled. Seriously? It's really some of the best Science Fiction I've ever seen, and will, over time, probably become my all-time favorite Sci Fi show...

Note of caution: The first season is NOT available at stores or at netflix. Also, the company that produced the DVD sets only put an average of two episodes per dvd, so if you get them from Netflix, you'll only get to see a very limited number of episodes at a time, which I found very difficult to do. You can download the entire series from the following sites here and here. The first site is missing the second or third episode of the fourth season.

No comments: