Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bariatric Surgery Update

Well, it seems even WITH a letter from my doctor stating the surgery is a medical NECESSITY and NOT an elective, the insurance company will STILL only pay between 1/3 and 1/4 of the cost (depending on the surgery). Apparently, the portion they will pay is a "lifetime maximum," meaning that's ALL they pay and they'll pay no more. The insurance rep told me (probably to deflect responsibility) that that's how the company where my wife works set it up and all the insurance company does is administrate the policy and nothing more.

So, my wife is going to speak to the HR person the next time the HR person visits her office (in about two weeks) and see what, if anything, can be done.

If nothing, I would really just prefer to say "the hell with everything" and roll over and expire now. Nothing has worked permanently with weight loss. Nothing will. And I don't want to end up like my dad, who is 6'4" and weighs about five hundred pounds and can barely breathe and has diabetes and can barely walk or even lift his arm without running out of breath and has heart problems and a whole slew of other shit wrong with him...

Oh, and top it all off, we are probably going to have to find another place to live as my landlord has decided to list the house and if by some miracle he sells it, we'll have to get the hell out of Dodge.

And business has SUCKED lately. I've been unable to close a deal since October, despite working on dozens of them. EVERY single one has fallen through.

And now Pesach, yet another holiday I just CAN'T afford, is coming up. Again.

And I have a F*****G cold.

Life Sucks.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I wish I had some great advice to give here. That's some tough stuff. You need a vacation.