Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another (Hopefully) Successful Pesach Recipe!

So, today I tried my hands at crepes for blintzes. They came out (after about three crepe mis-tries) astonishingly well! Now, I just have to roll the cheese in them. I use harder cheeses (Muenster and American) rather than soft white cheeses (cream, Ricotta) and they are always a hit. I honestly can't tell the difference between these crepes and the chametz ones! And they folded well when I rolled the cheese into them. Hope they fry up just as good... :)

Over the last few years, I've experimented with Matza Cake Meal in my baking recipes. Basically, I just replace the flour with the cake meal (which is really just very finely ground matza meal) and convert the measurements (5/8 cup cake meal = one cup flour). My first attempts were VERY successful. I made chocolate chip cookies and chocolate brownies using my regular chametz recipes and just replacing the flour with the cake meal. Everything comes out really awesome. The only thing I haven't been able to do (yet) is make anything bready (like scones and rolls). I guess I'll just have to keep trying...

I do love cooking and baking! :)

No comments: