Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's Amazing What An $80-$100 Investment in Your Home Will Give You

While we rented the house we recently purchased, I never bothered replacing the broken blinds and curtains all over the house because I didn't want to sink even one red cent into a house that wasn't mine and that the owner maintained not at all. After all, why should I improve someone else's property?

Well, we bought the house, so I decided to start sprucing things up a bit. The first thing I did was spend somewhere between $80 and $100 to buy mini-blinds at Home Depot. These are the inexpensive blinds ($4-$15, depending on size), but boy, do they make a huge difference! You really don't need to spend too much money to make your house look like a home.

Next project (after I finish with the blind - I've got six more to put up - four in the living room and two in the dining room): Priming, painting, and trashing the dining room carpet in favor of the beautiful, NEVER USED, hardwood flooring.

Cool!!

No comments: