Monday, June 16, 2008

All Quiet on the (Mid) Western Front...

I've really got nothing today. McStupid's up to his usual mudslinging, idiotic politics about how much better he is than Obama, and I don't think he got the memo that no one's listening.

Tim Russert of NBC, a very well-respected and wonderful journalist passed away on Friday at the age of 58 of a sudden heart attack.

Tiger Woods forced a tie-breaker game last night.

Lakers won.

Having received a wonderful gift of a $100 gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond, my wife and I bought each either a couple of nifty presents (she got a sandwich maker and I got a pillow massager, to which I became quickly addicted). Thanks, K!!

I spent a good part of the morning putting up new blinds on some of our windows, and they look SO much better than the old ones! I just have a few more to go, and I have to find the right sizes for my kitchen windows.

Oh, yeah. We joyfully started stripping wallpaper from our dining room walls! Underneath, it looks like no one has EVER bothered to paint the walls. All they did was just cover over and over with wallpaper. Ick. What a horrible invention. ***SHUDDER***

I'm trying to convince my wife that we should paint the walls a really lightly blue tinged off-white, but she's insistent on "neutral" plain off-white, like eggshell or something. But I REALLY like the blue tinge. She did agree to painting OUR bedroom in the blue tinged, though! :)

No comments: