Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Israel High School Strike

According to Yaakov Kirschen at the the Dry Bones Blog, there was one in 1977 as well, and irony is that a high-schooler then is probably the parent of a high-schooler today.




I love this particular strip. My five-year-old is off school today because it's an election day in my area. The stupidity of this quite clear. What if I wasn't a work-at-home parent and both my wife and I were at work? What the hell would we have had to do? It's really ridiculous that the school has off for an election day. The teachers are there, having an "in-service" day, which means continuing teachers' education. What the hell is wrong with doing that in the SUMMER, when the teacher are off for TEN WEEKS?!?!?! They have to take off a random day in November?! Apparently, the public schools are off as well, but some private schools are actually in session, just not the one my son attends! And yes, I really do appreciate when school IS in session. It's so much quieter in the house when it's just me and my two-year-old. So, yes. Elementary School does provide very essential baby-sitting... The thing with high-school is, if I needed to, I could just kick a teenager out of the house! I can't do that with a five-year-old, though! No, really, I love my kids and my son and daughter are my pride and joy, but the dynamic between them is just insane. They're nuts about each other, but they also feed off each other to create complete and utter chaos when they are together for too long... Oh, well... :)

No comments: