Friday, November 30, 2007

House Search

...Goes on and on! There are lots of homes for sale in the area, so it's just a question of finding the right one. We thought we'd found and "OK" home, but then I had an inspection done! Wow!! The house needs about $35,000 worth of work, and there's no way the sellers, the sons of the deceased person who owned the house free and clear, would go down $35,000 and make an allowance for us (meaning, we'd have the same mortgage originally thought, but they would give us back $35,000 to do the repair work) even though ANYTHING they got out of the house would be PURE profit. Oh, well.

We saw a house last night we think might be right for us. The current owner bought it in March 2007 and has since spent his time completely renovating the inside, also known as flipping: buying a house with the purpose of renovating and reselling it. I'm not quite sure why anyone would do this in general in this market, but in this case, it might work out for us. It's really beautiful and big (2400 sq. feet!!) on the inside, with an amazing kitchen, family room, and master SUITE (bedroom, sitting room, huge walk-in closet, and bathroom with TWO sinks and a bathtub!). It's one exactly in the area we wanted, but it's just on the cusp and still a really good neighborhood.

In the meantime, EQUIFAX (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) have completely screwed up my credit score. Experian and TransUnion came back with pretty decent scores despite my debt, but Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) has me with a score somewhere in the 500s because they are reporting, quite erroneously, that I'm an authorized user (which means I'm allowed to use the credit card but am NOT in ANY WAY financially responsible for it) on a credit card belonging to my dad even though he says he NEVER put me on there. In the meantime, the credit card has been charged off and reported 30, 60, and 90 days late various times this year. For some reason, Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) decided it should reflect on MY credit report even though I have nothing to do with my dad's account (I'd never even HEARD of it until yesterday!). So, I started a dispute both with the credit card company, which was very kind to me and started a dispute with Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!), and with Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) itself. It's going to take a minimum of FIVE business days!! This REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!

These credit reporting agencies hold WAY too much arbitrary power over people. Here is a credit reporting agency that has simply decided my credit unworthiness just because they felt like it, never mind that no matter how bad things got financially, we ALWAYS made our payments on time NO MATTER WHAT! What Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) should be asking themselves is "Hmm. Let see. He's always on time with EVERYTHING else. We should investigate this anomaly and figure this out." But, NOOOOOOOOOO. Instead, I had to call there about six times in the last 24 hours. So first they tell me I need a contact name at the credit card company whom they can directly contact. So I got one. Then they asked me what his position was. He was a customer service rep. So they tell me, "No. You need a supervisor's name!" So I blew up at the guy and told him to give me a break with all this BULL-S**T. I said to if I got a supervisor, that would probably not be good enough either and I'd have to get the supervisor's manager. And if I did that, I'd have to go higher up! The Equifax (those Mother-F*****G MORONS!!) dude's silence pretty much admitted to me this would be the case, so he gave in and initiated the dispute on his end.

Oh, and by the way, if you are an authorized user on a credit card but are not the primary on the card, you are NOT, repeat, NOT financially responsible for ANY balance on the account and the credit company CANNOT come after you should the primary default on the card. The credit companies very strictly adhere to this rule and are quite adamant about it NOT reporting on one's credit. Call and credit card company and they will verify this. This is something I learned at MBNA. It should NOT report on a credit report and when the agencies do this, it is WRONG!!! I lost count of how many phone calls I took from people angry that their being an authorized user on an account was recorded as THEIR debt on a credit report. We were always happy to take them off the account, but THEY had to call the credit reporting agency because it was the agency's error, not the credit card company's.

Well, I hopefully, IY"H, have this straightened out by the end of next week or by the beginning of the week after, but it is slowing things down. I sure hope no one snatches up this house should we decided to take it.

No comments: