Wednesday, July 25, 2007

DovBear's Tag!

DovBear tagged all his readers today. It was about Tisha B'Av. Here are my answers:

Fast: Really easy! I'm a big guy, and I guess my reserves make fasting very easy for me.

Insights: The new Harry Potter book sucked! Oh, wait, about Tisha B'Av? See my post, The Nine Days.... DB inspired me to write this...DovBear had this AMAZING INSIGHT!

Moments: Fixed my screen door after my 21 month old escaped into my driveway...

How long was Shacharis: I didn't go to shul and didn't have to put on talis and Tefillin, so pretty short. I don't say very many Kinos. I don't find it meaningful to do so...

Kinah for Gush Katif: Didn't know one existed until today! See here.

Kinah for the Holocaust: EVERY SINGLE YEAR!! I worked for Steven Spielberg's Shoah Foundation for over three years. I probably, just by the fact that I dealt with so much info about the Holocaust, know more about the Holocaust than 99% of the Earth's population. Also, this Kinah is very meaningful not only because it laments the loss of European Jewry. It is also meaningful because because here we see a modern day example of new liturgy accepted into prayer; this proves things can be changed - that halacha and davening and probably many other aspects of Orthodox Judaism is flexible and mutable, despite any objections from, shall we say, more "right wing" elements... And that's why I think the creation of the new Sanhedrin in Israel is a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!

Break Fast (shouldn't this be one word?): Spreadable cheese on fresh rye bread, vegetarian "pigs in blankets," and lots to drink...

So, in the spirit in which DB tagged all his readers, if any of you read my blog but don't read his, consider yourselves tagged by yours truly!!!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

my husband also has a hard time w/kinot. wonder if it will ever be changed to reflect more current situation...