Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lots to Share

Shavua Tov! Well, it's Motzei Shabbos. Just finished the third in a series of four (next one is Pesach, though in reverse - first Shabbos, then two days of Yom Tov) three day Yamim Tovim! This is one of those times I really wish I was living in Eretz Yisrael again. I really hate the fact that while we all observe the same calendar, those of us in Chutz La'Aretz are compelled to keep two days of Yom Tov simply because a bunch of rabbis who didn't have the means of communication we have today decided we HAD to keep two days...browse here.

ANYWAY...I've had some thoughts I would like to share over the next week or so about Mechaye Meisim, Evolution, and the Age of the Universe as gleaned from Parshas Berieshis.

It's nice to be back, and I hope to start posting at least a few times a week.

By the way, I'm having LASIK surgery this Tuesday, Oct. 9! I know it's a very mild surgery, but please have in mind when you daven that all should go well and that my sight will be restored after 25 years of glasses and contacts hell!! :)

4 comments:

Rafi G. said...

tell me how it goes. I am finally getting tired of my glasses. after wearing them for about 30 years (not the same pair the whole time!)

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Will do!

Selena said...

wow, that's tomorrow!

Hope it all goes well.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

I'll let you know! :) I'm very excited. It's not until 4 PM.