Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Request...

Dear Senator McCain,

I know this election has meant everything to you and that you really hope to fulfill your dream of becoming president. I respect that. And I know that if Senator Barack Obama loses the election today, he will give a gracious concession speech and one the promises he makes during that concession speech will be a promise to work with the new president to help heal this country.

I ask the same of you. I know your party is set to sue and fight and do ANYTHING to make the election go your way, even if it doesn't. I ask you to be the maverick you claim to be one time during this election and, should YOU lose, DON'T listen to your handlers if it becomes clear you have lost this election. Instead, be as gracious as you know Obama would be and pledge to work with Obama to help heal this country.

No comments: