Friday, January 18, 2008

How the Corporate World Works...


Believe it or now, this is absolutely true! It happened to me on more than one occasion when I worked at MBNA/Bank of America. At one point, I emailed the person in charge of what they called "education" with a question. I was rebuked (to put it gently) by my manager, who told me I wasn't, EVER, allowed to ask questions or directly email that person and that ALL questions MUST go through my manager...

Oh, and by the way, this post is post number 400!!

2 comments:

BrooklynWolf said...

Yep, I've had that happen to me as well. Someone in another department referred me to one of the Super-Veeps in the company. Imagine my surprise when I got an email from my own VP which read something like:

"STOP COMMUNICATING WITH XXXX RIGHT NOW!!"

The Wolf

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Hence the reason for my NO LONGER being a part of corporate America. I now run my own business selling pre-owned (read: used) medical imaging equipment (MRI, CT, C-ARM, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, etc.). This way, there's no one to tell ME I can't communicate with anyone!