Sunday, June 14, 2009

Not Blogging Much Lately...

I don't even know if more than a couple of people even read this blog any longer, but to those who do, I'm sorry I've not been blogging much lately. I haven't stopped, I've just slowed down a bit as so much has been going on in life lately. The latest drama is actually declaring bankruptcy this week. The credit card has simply overwhelmed us and the income simply isn't enough to pay the credit cards. On top of that, one of the credit companies is suing us for the $20,000 balance we owe them, and rather than allow them to put a lien on our home or garnish wages, we decided, since the company refused to be reasonable and wait a bit longer, it was time to his the reset button.

We hate doing it. It's caused LOTS of stress, it'll be on our credit report for ten years, and it all-around sucks. But we're out of choices at this point.

I just hope after all the smoke clears we'll be able to better our lives, move on, and live our lives again for ourselves, rather than for the credit card companies.

I plan to be back, and I will blog periodically, as I have been. It'll just take a while.

6 comments:

Rafi G. said...

good luck. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I am as much a moron as the next guy about finances...

Tzvi said...

Much Hatzlacha. I hope eveything works out ok for you and Hashem repays your losses.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Thanks you both. I really appreciate it. :)

Selena said...

Good luck with everything. The people we dicussed you getting in touch with would love to talk to you, but they are out of town for a couple of weeks. I'll get you the email.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Thanks, Selena!

Miriam said...

Wishing you much hatzlacha and much peace.