Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Serenity Prayer

A couple of days ago, I posted the "Serenity Prayer." I don't know its origins, and frankly, I don't care. I do like its message and would like to try and take it to heart.

I've kvetched a lot these last few months about many things I think have gone wrong with Orthodox Judaism. Some of these things, like second day of Yom Tov, can probably never be changed, though I suspect when Moshiach comes, he's going to laugh himself to death about some of these things.

However, some of these things can be changed, and they can be changed quite easily. I'm going to start proposing ways to make these changes, and I welcome any positive suggestions my readers, few though you are, may have. I've been in touch with another blogger, a major player in the Jewish Blogosphere, and he too would love to see some changes and take back Judaism, which seems to have been hi-jacked by a bunch of crazies.

Stay tuned.

No comments: