Friday, July 24, 2009

Bankruptcy

Well, I figure, while I'm blogging, I might as well blog.

So, we finally went through with the bankruptcy. Our credit is shot to hell. The BK will be on our report for ten years. We won't be able to get any kind of credit (not necessarily for credit cards - don't want those EVER again - but for things like home or car loans) for at least the next two to four years.

BUT. We'll be out of credit card debt once we attend our hearing next month. That'll be a huge, $50,000 relief. Now it's time to pick up the pieces and move on. My wife and I are both looking for jobs. Me because my business pretty much died and her because her job just sucks. We'd both love to go back to school, and if I can at least find a part-time job, it's something I might be able to pull off. We'll see what happens. But first I gotta find the job. Here's to hoping!

More to come...

2 comments:

Karen Zampa Katz said...

each day brings us 24 brand new hours to begin again...I wish you the best with your new start....

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Thanks!