Friday, September 21, 2007

Classic! Just Classic!!

Well, I just had a classic Erev Shabbos/Erev Yom Tov/Erev Yom Kippur thing happen to me: I'm sitting at my desk, having just done Kaparos (over money, mind you, not a chicken), and I'm having a conversation with my wife (about the big Rabbi Gil Student fiasco going on over at DovBear and Hirhurim [sorry, no time for links!]). I take out my glasses wiper, start wiping my glasses and SNAP!! They break in half!! We were both so stunned we just started laughing hysterically! Well, as my wife said, it's a kapara!! May it be the worst thing that ever happens to any of us! Maybe it's also a siman I should get Lasik surgery already and just get it over with...:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not wear contacts? They are better than glasses, you don't need to clean them 24/7 like glasses.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

I am right now! Problem was I couldn't find them until after Yom Kippur was over. I ended up davening at home, which was actually pretty good since I didn't end up hating any "taking-too-long" chazzanim! :)

Anyway, I'm probably going to get lasik surgery in the next few weeks. I've been wearing glasses/contacts since I was ten, and twenty-five years is plenty long. It's a bit pricey, but in the long run, it'll save money!

Miriam said...

I hope you go to a good place. My husband tried to do lazer surgery but was rejected lolol. something about it has to be only a certain kind of eye problem to fit the surgery.

Curious, what's going on w/Rabbi Gil Student. I'll hope over and find out..

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

I'm going to go to Cleveland Clinic's Cole Institute. It's one of the top places for Lasik.